Xylitol and Dogs

  • Posted: September 5, 2014 
  • by cheryl_ashford   -  
  • Comments Off on Xylitol and Dogs

Xylitol and Your Dog

A hot new product on the market is Xylitol.  This is a product that is used a a sugar substitute.  It can be found in many items around your home—sugar free gum, toothpaste, sugar free cookies and many, many other items.  If your puppy comes in contact with this, it is very important for you to seek medical attention promptly.  A small amount can do grave damage.  The result of contact with this sugar is low blood sugar, liver failure, seizures and even death.  Symptoms can show up anywhere from 30 min – 12 hours after coming in contact with xylitol.

 

Cheryl Sabens

Ashford Manor Labradoodles

Indiana’s Australian Labradoodle Breeder

765-714-1436

* Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter *


Comments are closed.