Toxic Flowers

  • Posted: March 10, 2021 
  • by Liesl Krause   -  
  • Comments Off on Toxic Flowers

With Spring arriving comes better weather, which means more time outside, more walks with your puppy, and more flowers!

But you have to be careful about what flowers you let your pup investigate. Many flowers are toxic to dogs. AKC has a full list available here.

If a toxic plant is ingested, seek immediate veterinary assistance.

You can also contact the Pet Poison Line (fees apply) at 855-764-7661

Try to collect a sample of the plant, vomit, or diarrhea. Estimate your dog’s weight and time of ingestion. Do not induce vomiting as this can make symptoms worse. Dogs do not instinctively avoid toxic plants. Be your pet’s advocate!

Can cause:

– vomiting and diarrhea

– lethargy

– excessive drooling

– low blood pressure

– seizures

– breathing problems

– abdominal pain


Comments are closed.