Sleeping with your Dog
Sleeping With Your Australian Labradoodle
Many people ask about sleeping with their Australian Labradoodle. Our rule of thumb is if they are under one year of age or get into trouble on their own they should not be sleeping in your bed. Let’s see what the experts say.
- Faster and deeper sleep. It has to do with the combination of lowered blood pressure, extra warmth, and feelings of security. This trio can have you drifting off to sleep in no time.
- Many dog owners report that having their dog in bed with them makes them feel safe no matter the size dog.
- You can snuggle them and help you relax
- While your REM cycles may be deeper you often get about 20% less sleep with a dog in your bed
- It can be hard to get comfortable and have space for your senior dogs to stretch their aging joints and muscles and for everyone to have a good nights rest.
- If you have a small dog or puppy and you are a heavy sleeper you could roll on top of them.
- If they are not potty trained they could soil your bed.
- They could get into trouble while you are sleeping
So now you decided what is best for you and your Australian Labradoodle!
Ashford Manor Labradoodles
Australian Labradoodle breeder in the Midwest