Is Your Dog Ready For The 4th of July
At Ashford Manor Labradoodles we do everything we can to prepare your dog for things like thunderstorms and fireworks. We play socialization CD’s, we watch movies, and we sometimes do our own small fireworks, all to help the Australian Labradoodles in the future.
If your dog is never exposed to these things, they will not remember what they learned as a puppy. The training that we teach hear at Ashford Manor Australian Labradoodles needs to continue. Whether you purchase socialization CD’s, take your dogs outside on nights like the fourth of July, or expose your puppies to other things.
Fireworks and Thunderstorms
Is your dog ready for the fireworks extravaganza on the fourth of July? There are things the you can do to prepare your dog today! Especially if you are not home on the 4th of July, there are ways to calm your dogs anxieties. There are certain dogs more prone to loud noises which overstress such as thunderstorms and fireworks.
What Dogs Are Prone To Be Stressed Out by Fireworks?
- German Shepherds
- Basset Hounds
- Older Dogs
- Most Dogs
Why Do Dogs Have Anxiety Over Fireworks?
Dogs have a phenomenal sense of hearing. Because of this, they hear things that we do not even hear. If they can see the fireworks, this also instills a fear within them.
What Can I Do To Desensitize My Dog for 4th of July?
- Play sounds of fireworks to get them acclimated to the sounds. Steadily increasing the volume.
- Watch a TV Show or Video with this playing so they can be ready also increasing the volume until they are uncomfortable and then lower it slightly.
- If you are going away, turn on the TV or Radio so the sound is muffled
- If you jump or show signs of startlement or fear, your dog will notice this and their fear will be intensified.
- Place cotton balls in your dogs ears.
- Call-It-Calm, this is a spray to help your dog calm down and not be so stressed.
There are some dogs that will never be relaxed during 4th of July fireworks or during thunderstorms. Do not baby the dog, this does not help them overcome their fear. If your dog has severe trouble with fear, there are medications prescribed by your veterinarian to overcome this phobia.
Ashford Manor Labradoodles currently has puppies available. Please contact us if you would like to know more about a well socialized Australian Labradoodle puppy. Ashford Manor is Indiana’s responsible breeder of the Australian Labradoodle. For more information,
Other Great Articles About Your Dog and Thunderstorms and the 4th of July Fireworks.
- Dogs and Fireworks Phobia
- How To Handle Your Dog’s Fear Of Thunderstorms and Fireworks
- Holiday Fireworks — Helping Your Pet Cope
- Help your dog cope with fireworks
- Don’t Ignore Your Dog’s Fireworks Anxiety
Ashford Manor Labradoodles
Australian Labradoodle Breeder