Wouldn’t it be nice for your dog to obey? Wouldn’t you like a dog who
- comes when you call the first time?
- walk at your side and not pull when you walk down the street?
- lays down while you are eating your dinner?
- stand still to give him a bath?
- allows people to pet him without jumping or licking them?
- sit, stay and not bark when someone rings your doorbell?
This is what you will learn in basic Dog Obedience classes. It is important to teach your Labradoodle puppy these things from the time you welcome them into your home!
At Ashford Manor Labradoodles, we teach our dogs these things right away. We use the praise method where we click and treat. Eventually we wean out the clicker and the treats only to give verbal praise or a pet on the head. It is important that every dog, especially intelligent breeds like the Australian Labradoodle, at least learn these basic obedience skills.
Here is how we begin our obedience training with your Australian Labradoodle puppy. From the time of birth we hold them and love on them daily.
- From days 3 – 17 we perform super dog exercises.(http://www.ashfordmanorlabradoodles.com/early-neurological-stimulation-in-australian-labradoodles-at-ashford-manor-labradoodles/)
- At 2 1/2 weeks of age we begin adding toys into their play area.
- At 3 weeks of age we begin exposing them to new sounds they would hear both in a city or in the coutnry.
- At 4 weeks of age they are feeling different flooring in different parts of our home along with being in different rooms and environments.
- At 5 weeks and on we bring them outdoors and take them different places to meet a variety of people.
- By the time they are 8 weeks old … they are ready for you to take over in their obedience training!
We strongly recommend each family who adopts a puppy from Ashford Manor Australian Labradoodles to begin dog obedience class before their pups are 10 weeks old. Why is this so important … just look at the list above!
Ashford Manor Australian Labradoodles is Indiana’s premier Labradoodle Breeder. We specialize in miniature and medium sizes in a variety of colors. If you do not live around Indiana, that is not a problem as we safely ship our puppies all around the globe. We also temperament test our puppies so they fit each family.